However, it does not mean that all pregnant women can be free from pregnancy complaints. Some pregnant women even feel complaints from the beginning to the end of pregnancy. Pregnant women must be able to distinguish between common complaints and complaints that lead to dangerous conditions.
Through this article, we will provide an overview of pregnancy in the second trimester, frequent complaints, fetal development and changes in pregnant women, along with tips for dealing with pregnancy in the second trimester safely and comfortably.
Here are the changes and developments that occurred during the second trimester and what to do to deal with pregnancy in the second trimester.
Condition of Pregnant Women
Pregnant mother entering the second trimester often experience a linea or the appearance of a dark vertical line on the abdomen. Around the stomach to the navel, which extends and stretches on this part of the skin, which is a typical condition for pregnant women at the age of 4-6 months. The main cause is because the content is getting bigger so that the skin stretches.
The next changes that occur to pregnant women are the neck area and several parts of the body of pregnant women who experience changes in skin color. The skin of pregnant women appears to be black, this changing skin pigment is often a concern for pregnant women. You don’t need to worry, because after giving birth you will experience normal conditions again.
Along with the increasing age of pregnancy, the care carried out by pregnant women must be aware of the chemical content that can harm their beloved children, so pregnant women should take natural treatments without using chemicals in the care of skin, hair and body during pregnancy.
A very significant condition in the second trimester of gestation is enlarged breasts. This condition is because towards the end of pregnancy, milk production has begun to be prepared. In fact, the shape of the breast is increasingly changing, becoming bigger and tends to be darker and experiencing the colostrum that has been generated.
The discomfort of the mother entering the second trimester is because pregnant women in the second trimester experience changes in the female area that tend to experience conditions such as vaginal discharge. This condition must be observed by pregnant women, normal vaginal discharge is not dangerous, but if you experience vaginal discharge accompanied by a smell, color, itching and pain in the female area, you must be aware of it. Consult with your obstetrician or midwife about the abnormal vaginal discharge problem.
Eight out of ten pregnant women complain of uncomfortable conditions with the head during the second trimester. Pregnant women are more likely to experience headaches due to increased blood volume. Even if pregnant women experience problematic psychological conditions, it will cause headaches that are heavier than pregnant women without pressure.
Unlike the early trimester, in the second trimester of pregnancy, mothers often gain weight due to increased appetite and experience more significant physical changes.
This condition is exacerbated by the appearance of complaints of aches, back pain and fatigue in pregnant women. Some pregnant women experience the condition that gets worse at the end of the second trimester of pregnancy. In fact, this uncomfortable condition makes the mother experience sleep disturbances, is more sensitive and causes disorders such as blemishes and acne.
Fetal Development in Second Trimester
This time we will help you provide an idea of the gestational age in the second trimester which is related to the condition of the fetus at this age. The condition of the fetus in the second trimester has developed very rapidly, even in forming important organs.
Fetal development in the second trimester is preceded by fingers and toes that can be identified properly, and can even be seen on ultrasound. The completeness of the fingers and toes is accompanied by the formation of eyebrows, eyelids, eyelashes and nails in the fetus so it is very important to maintain the pregnancy by paying attention to the health of the mother and fetus which can affect development and fetal growth.
Still in the early stages of pregnancy in the second trimester, the nervous system and heart rate can be detected by the Doppler device. Even the baby’s reproductive organs can develop and the fetus enters the size 15-24 and weighs up to 113 grams at the beginning of the second trimester of pregnancy. The development is increasingly significant at the end of the second trimester of pregnancy until it reaches a size of 30 cm and weighs up to 900-1000 grams.
A more significant baby development is seen in the second trimester of gestation where the baby’s skin is covered with vernix caseosa, which protects the baby’s skin from exposure to amniotic fluid before the baby is born. Even the development at the end of the second trimester is marked by a baby’s response that is easy to respond to with movement and pulse so that it gives a jerking movement and the baby is already experiencing hiccups.
Tips for Dealing with the Second Trimester of Pregnancy
Some pregnant women experience adaptations in the second trimeseter of pregnancy so that they do not experience such coping complaints, but some pregnant women experience torturous conditions that make them uncomfortable. Some of the complaints experienced by pregnant women can be overcome in the following ways:
1. As gestational age increases, often an enlarged stomach will burden digestion, therefore mothers often experience heartburn. Overcome by eating small portions but often and pay attention to the condition of the pregnant woman’s body. Relax the muscles and digestive tract by doing pregnancy exercises so that you don’t experience tension.
2. The next condition associated with the consumption of foods that contain high fiber to avoid constipation and hemorrhoids. This condition is exacerbated in pregnant women in the second trimester who often sit too long, you can overcome it with light movements, standing up or taking a walk in between your activities.
3. In the second trimeseter of pregnancy, also pay attention to your activities. Avoid lifting heavy and burdening your stomach pressure. You can do pregnancy exercises and breathing exercises to prepare for labor normally.
4. Entering the end of the second trimester, the condition of the pregnant woman’s body is getting bigger, to make pregnant women comfortable, pregnant women should wear loose clothes so that they are easy to do activities and do not press on the growing belly. Also avoid using shoes with heels that are too high.
5. The last thing that must be considered when entering the final trimester is the psychological readiness of pregnant women who are supported by their husbands and the surrounding environment so that they make pregnant women more mentally prepared for the approaching labor. Avoiding stress can also be done by relaxing by using music and aromatherapy to make pregnant women more comfortable.