Urinating Frequently While Pregnant – Frequent urination is one of the complaints that is often experienced by pregnant women. This condition will certainly interfere with the activities of pregnant women because they have to keep going to the toilet.
There are several factors that can cause frequent urination in pregnant women, which are differentiated by the trimester of pregnancy.
- During the first trimester of pregnancy, complaints of frequent urination can be caused by the increased HCG hormone.
- Second trimester of gestation. Increasing gestational age will be able to make the uterus larger, which can make the bladder more stressful. This will make the holding space reduced, the effect is that urine will be easy to pass.
- Third trimester of gestation. During the third trimester of pregnancy, blood will flow a lot to the pelvic organs, as well as the kidneys. More blood will be filtered by the kidneys and urine production will increase. Because of this condition, the bladder will fill up quickly and pregnant women will urinate more often.
How to Overcome Frequent Urination While Pregnant
So, to deal with frequent urination during pregnancy, you can do the following ways.
Paying attention to how to urinate
Paying attention to the way when you urinate must be done to help empty the bladder so that the complaints you feel, namely frequent urination during pregnancy can be minimized.
- When urinating, you should try to lean forward and support your forearms on your knees.
- You can also try the double pee technique, which is trying to urinate again after finishing.
Pay attention to the type of drink consumed
Pay attention to the types of drinks you consume. The reason is, certain types of drinks can trigger frequent urination.
- Know what drinks can trigger frequent urination so you can avoid them.
- One of the drinks that you should avoid is drinks with caffeine content such as tea, coffee, energy drinks, soda and chocolate. Caffeine will be able to draw fluids in the body. So that if you consume drinks or foods that contain caffeine, then you feel the frequent urination will get worse.
Various things can cause you stress when pregnant. This condition is one of the reasons why pregnant women urinate frequently. If you have an anxiety or stress disorder, you must be able to manage it properly.
- The way you can do this is by doing fun activities, such as meditation, doing hobbies or listening to your favorite song.
- However, if your stress doesn’t go away, you should immediately consult a psychologist.
Drink less at certain times
Complaints about frequent urination at night will certainly disturb your sleep time. To prevent this, you should not drink too much at night or before bed.
- You need to remember, only before bedtime you drink less.
- Reducing drinking should not be done all the time. The reason is that it can cause dehydration which is dangerous for the mother or the fetus.
Do Kegel Exercises
Kegel exercises are movements that are performed as a way to train the pelvic floor muscles. If your muscles are trained, you can control urination well. Not only that, Kegel exercises will also prevent the uterus from falling.
So, as a way to deal with frequent urination during pregnancy, you can try doing Kegel exercises at home.
Other interesting articles: Tips for Staying Beautiful While Pregnant to Be More Confident
In general, frequent urination is a normal pregnancy complaint. However, even so you have to be vigilant because on the other hand this one complaint can be caused by certain diseases. You must be vigilant if it is accompanied by other symptoms such as heat or pain when urinating, fever, blood in the urine, foamy urine or a strong smell. These conditions can be a symptom urinary tract infection.