No Appetite When Pregnant – Many pregnant women lose their appetite during the first trimester of pregnancy, either because of nausea and vomiting that causes a decrease in appetite, or because of changes hormone. However, don’t ignore this problem, you can solve it in the following way.
How to Overcome No Appetite When Pregnant
When pregnant you have to maintain health the body to avoid the risk of health problems. In addition, the baby in your womb also depends on nutritional intake to stay healthy. Let’s see how to maintain the appetite of pregnant women below.
Eat small portions but often
The first way you can do to overcome lack of appetite during pregnancy is to eat little but often. Seeing a large food menu may make you nauseous and lose your appetite. Therefore, it is advisable to eat small portions but more often.
- If you usually eat one portion, you can split it in half. For example, eat the first small portion at breakfast, for example at 8 am, for the rest of the portion you can eat again a few hours later, for example at 10. Likewise during lunch and dinner.
- If you don’t have too much appetite for rice, you can eat half a portion of rice and its side dishes in three meals. Then you can alternate eating healthy and filling snacks twice.
As your little one develops in the womb, and your stomach gets bigger, even if you only eat a little food, you will feel full quickly. You can eat 6 to 7 times a day. Eating smaller portions is easier to digest and won’t make you nauseous.
Do not eat foods that have strong odors
The condition of the sensitive sense of smell will disturb some pregnant women. Smelling food that is too sharp, for example curry and so on can cause loss of appetite because pregnant women experience nausea.
Therefore, as a way of preventing nausea and overcoming lack of appetite, you should not use spices or seasonings with strong aromas. For a while, until your appetite returns, you should avoid cinnamon, cayenne pepper, chili powder and so on. Some herbs and spices with strong odors will make you lose your appetite.
More Varied Food
You can try to eat a variety of foods to overcome the lack of appetite that you experience. Continuously eating the same food will certainly make you bored and lose your appetite. You can make a more varied diet, but still have to meet the body’s nutritional needs.
The trick is to change the food menu that you consume every day. You can also serve it in different ways. For example, when you have to eat green vegetables, so you don’t get bored, you can serve them in the form of juice with your favorite fruit. However, you have to make sure the food you eat is really cooked.
Looking for Alternatives
Some pregnant women experience a loss of appetite for certain foods. If so, the solution is to look for other food alternatives, for example:
- If pregnant women do not want to eat meat, even though the protein content is needed by the body, they can eat nuts instead. Nuts are also high in protein.
- You must still pay attention to the selection of alternative foods. Make sure alternative foods contain sufficient nutrients for your body.
Enough Sleep Time
Lack of sleep will certainly be bad for health. Therefore, it is very important to get adequate sleep. In addition, getting enough sleep will also increase your appetite.
- You should get a good night’s sleep. The ideal time for pregnant women is 7 to 8 hours.
- If possible, you can also take a nap for 30 to 60 minutes.
Also read: Tips for Overcoming Dizziness While Pregnant
Those are some ways you can do to restore your appetite. If you continue to have no appetite, you should consult a doctor.