Nausea, unable to receive food and fullness that occurs in pregnant women are influenced by this hormone, the hormone pregesterone will cause gas buildup in the digestive tract and disrupt the comfort of pregnant women. The next hormone that affects pregnant women is Human Chorionic Gondadotropin or HCG which produces estrogen and causes nausea in pregnant women. Increased stomach acid if not given proper treatment will cause stomach ulcers even in an increasingly severe condition, which will result in actions such as surgery to overcome them.
Here are some tips you can take to reduce heartburn when pregnant:
1. Avoid stress during pregnancy, when you experience psychological or physical pressure during pregnancy it can trigger the production of stomach acid. It is better if you enjoy your pregnancy with support.
2. For pregnant women who suffer from ulcers or prevent ulcer disorders during pregnancy, you can maintain your mental health, especially enjoying the pregnancy period. Pregnancy on first trimester often complained of by young pregnant women because of nausea and vomiting that is unbearable.
3. Overcoming ulcers in pregnant women avoid an empty stomach, try to have breakfast in the morning. For those of you who often complain morning sickness, you can drink warm water in the morning. Look for a different atmosphere with a varied menu so that breakfast in the morning is enjoyable.
4. When you are two, your appetite decreases so you have to work around it so that your appetite continues to increase. You can schedule meals with smaller portions and a more frequent frequency so you won’t feel the fullness that makes you uncomfortable.
5. By chewing food properly and slowly, pregnant women have benefits such as being fuller and maintaining oral hygiene, this is related to the hydrogen carbonate in saliva which can neutralize the formation of plaques. In addition, it can help digestion because saliva can break down food particles when it is chewed. Finally, the benefits will increase saliva production and help you to absorb nutrients, vitamins, and particles that are absorbed and increase energy in the body.
6. Avoid lying down after eating food, for those of you who after eating and feel discomfort in the stomach avoid lying down after eating because stomach acid will easily turn back into the esophagus when you lie down after eating. Take a 30-45 minute break before you lie down.
7. If you are going to lie down, you should position your head higher than your feet, this is because it can help you to prevent stomach acid from rising into the esophagus and prevent heartburn in pregnant women.
8. You can use clothes for pregnant women, loose clothing will provide comfort to pregnant women. This will help you avoid pressure on the abdomen so that you will remain comfortable in activities.
9. Consult with your doctor when taking ulcer medication, however your condition who is pregnant cannot take any drug, it is feared that it will interfere with the health of the mother and fetal development.
Thus for those of you pregnant women in maintaining health during pregnancy you should be able to avoid foods that can stimulate your stomach such as eating and drinking that have an excess acid taste, drinking coffee, soft drinks. Always maintain a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle during your pregnancy.