Here are tips for choosing foods for toddlers who suffer from diarrhea:
- Please choose baby food which is easily digested, swallowed and also absorbed by the toddler’s digestive system. You can choose congee or team
- Also choose foods that contain pectin, this content will help in water absorption. For example, foods that contain pectin are apples, bananas, potatoes, apricots and carrots. You can process it into vegetables with the addition of other ingredients.
- Give juice from fruits that are neutral, not too acidic, one of which is melon to avoid lost fluids.
- Do not add pepper, tamarind or spices that smell strong because it will worsen the health condition of your toddler.
- Avoid giving foods that contain high fiber such as high fiber fruits, mangoes and cabbage which will stimulate gas in the toddler’s stomach.
- Do not give fatty foods such as coconut milk, chocolate and ice cream because it will make digestion worse.
- You can keep a record by monitoring the food consumed by your child, so that they know what foods and drinks are not suitable for him. If unsuitable food and drink causes nausea and vomiting, it can be stopped immediately.
Things that must be considered in children who suffer from diarrhea are lack of fluids, so to reduce this risk, your child should be taken to the doctor for further treatment. Not only the food when your child has diarrhea that you must pay attention to, but the next diet is important to consider. Make sure the nutritional adequacy is fulfilled every day. Following are the nutritional needs of children aged one to three years, namely the energy content of 1000 kcal, plus 25 grams of protein, 500 grams of calcium and 8 mg of iron. Carbohydrates are very useful for meeting energy needs that can be produced from rice, potatoes, pasta or bread. Meet the needs of vegetable and animal protein for growth and endurance. Complete with vitamins and minerals from fruits and vegetables as regulatory and protective substances, for fat absorption you can consume vitamins E, A, D and K.