Nowadays, the process of caesarean delivery is done for various reasons, some are doing it for medical reasons and a planned cesarean delivery. This pre-planned caesarean section, usually the mother does not need to wait for contractions as well normal birth. The caesarean section generally lasts 1 hour. Things to pay attention to during cesarean section if there is post partum haemorrhage (PPH) or excessive bleeding of more than 500 ml, due to incision of the uterine wall. Mothers who are pregnant will indeed experience heavy bleeding, but usually this bleeding is not excessive. If this happens, immediately carry out a blood transfusion. If you enter 9 months of pregnancy, then you, your doctor will tell you the delivery process is done normally or surgically. Therefore, it will cause uncomfortable feelings, sleep not soundly, and other worries.
To reduce your anxiety, there are a few tips for dealing with a cesarean delivery, namely:
1. Maintain good communication with doctors. If you have agreed to have a cesarean delivery, communicate everything with your doctor. Don’t hesitate to complain or discuss your health with your doctor.
2. Prepare equipment to be taken to the hospital. If you have planned a cesarean delivery, usually the due date is already planned. Therefore, prepare the items needed by the mother and baby at the hospital later.
3. Hospital costs. Prepare extra costs if you and your partner choose a cesarean delivery. The cost of a cesarean delivery is more expensive than the cost of a normal delivery. However, the size of the cost depends on the hospital and the room itself.
4. Discuss with your doctor about pain. You need to know that the pain after cesarean delivery is very pronounced compared to normal delivery. Sutures from caesarean delivery also take a long time to heal. So, prepare mentally, psychologically, and also body condition to stay fit. In addition, discuss the pain caused after surgery with your partner and family to ease the psychological burden on mothers who have had a cesarean delivery.
5. Make it comfortable in your home. In order to welcome the baby who will be born, it’s a good idea to organize and clean up your house before he is born. Because, after the mother has a cesarean delivery, her body movements are very limited.