Hemorrhoids (hemorrhoids) are enlargement of the back blood vessels (veins) due to a blockage in the upper part of the rectum (commonly called varicose veins). There are two types of hemorrhoids, namely internal (place inside) and external (place outside the rectum and can be felt).
In pregnancy due to back blood blocking in the abdomen by the fetus, pregnant women who have suffered from hemorrhoids will be able to relapse and often torture during pregnancy. Moreover, during the delivery process, the hemorrhoids will get bigger and bigger, even the internal ones can come out.
Well, tips this time will discuss the prevention of hemorrhoids that can be used for pregnant and non-pregnant women.
- Eat foods that contain fiber, such as fruits and vegetables, prioritize whole grains because they are high in fiber.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water per day.
- Avoid sitting too long. If your work activities sit too much, give yourself 5 minutes to rest while standing or walking around.
- Avoid lifting weights that are too heavy, ask for help from people around if you want to lift weights to reduce pressure on the rectum.
- Do light exercise every morning, for at least one hour. Because physical exercise will help the bowel movements to digest food.
As for mothers who suffer from hemorrhoids, some of the points above can be added to the points below to know.
- Reduce consumption of meat, so that the dirt or stool is not too hard.
- Avoid spicy foods that come from chilies and peppers so that pain and heat do not appear during or after a bowel movement.
- Use a washcloth or damp cloth as a compress when the pain occurs.
- Use suppository drugs (drugs that are inserted in the rectum) to reduce swelling or anesthetic ointments that work to reduce pain.
To find out the type and level of light or weight, it is advisable to consult with the nearest health worker.
Hope it is useful! ?