Tips for Getting the Ideal Body Weight for a Healthy and Safe Pregnancy – Having the ideal weight during pregnancy is an important thing that you should pay attention to. Being overweight before pregnancy will put you at risk complications increased, be it high blood pressure, impaired heart function, until miscarriage. Therefore, for those of you who are preparing for pregnancy, you must maintain an ideal body weight.
Tips for Getting the Ideal Body Weight for a Healthy and Safe Pregnancy
You can take several steps as a way to reach the ideal body weight before pregnancy. Well, here are tips for getting the ideal body weight for a healthy and safe pregnancy.
Reaching ideal body weight as a step to prepare for a healthy and safe pregnancy for some women is not easy. Moreover, you cannot predict when you will enter the first trimester. Therefore, you have to start as early as possible, do not delay it for the sake of the healthy pregnancy you desire.
- If you are overweight, you must immediately improve your diet and adopt a healthy lifestyle.
- You can do this in advance of the planned pregnancy. So that you will have more time to lose weight to reach your ideal body weight.
Doing Sports Routinely
When you are planning a pregnancy, then usually you will be advised to exercise with moderate intensity, a day for 30 minutes. There are several types of exercise that you can do to reach the ideal body weight so that you can get pregnant soon, some of which are:
- On foot
- Jog on a treadmill or a flat surface
- Climbing up the stairs
- Dance or aerobics
- To find out the right guidelines for exercise as a way to prepare for pregnancy, you can also consult a doctor.
Eat Healthy Snacks
From now on you have to replace the snacks you usually consume with healthy snacks. Eating healthy snacks will help expectant mothers get their ideal body weight. Meanwhile, snacks that are high in saturated fat and sugar will only contribute additional calories which will thwart your efforts to reach your ideal body weight.
- Replace your snacks with healthy snacks. Choose low-calorie or natural snacks such as low-fat yogurt, fresh fruit or cakes that contain little sugar.
- You must limit snacks such as donuts, pastries, candy, tarts, syrup, chips, packaged honey to snacks with added sweeteners.
Consumption of High Calorie Foods or Drinks Must Be Limited
As long as you are planning pregnancy, you must pay attention to what you consume. Note the following points.
- You have to limit your consumption of junk food, fast food or foods that are processed by frying. The reason is, these foods are high in calories and your efforts to reach the ideal body weight will be difficult.
- In addition, you also have to reduce the consumption of sugary drinks such as iced tea, soft drinks, fruit punches and energy drinks. You can replace these drinks with healthier drinks such as mineral water, warm tea with a little honey and fruit juices without added sugar.
Monitor Weight Gain
When pregnant, gaining weight is a natural thing to support your little one developing in the womb. However, that does not mean that weight gain is not controlled. Weight gain itself depends on your pre-pregnancy weight.
Therefore, as a way to monitor weight gain, you should record your pre-pregnancy weight and increase when you were pregnant. You should consult your doctor about this weight gain.
Those are the tips for getting the ideal body weight for a healthy and safe pregnancy. Hope it is useful.