As mentioned above hormones are responsible for the “loss” of oil and elasticity of the skin. Dryness of the skin will also lead to the formation of stretch marks. This cannot be prevented, but the mother can minimize it by using a moisturizer around the affected area strecth mark. Beautiful and smooth skin is certainly the desire of all women who have a natural desire to always look beautiful, but when pregnancy takes place, the expected skin conditions are all gone. Yes, pregnancy does require a lot of sacrifice, dry skin, skin becomes dull, skin becomes more oily, acne, many appearance of strecth marks and so on. To further minimize this condition, reported from whattoexpect, here are some tips that pregnant women can use to anticipate dry skin:
- First, meet the body’s need for fluids with a minimum of 2 liters of drinking per day. This is in addition to preventing dry skin, also to prevent pregnant women from dehydration
- Expand to drink vegetables and fruits. Some good foods to help prevent dry skin are avocados, nuts, and olives
- When bathing, use warm water but don’t get too hot, because this will remove the skin’s natural oils which will make the mother’s skin dry and dull.
- If using a bathtub, add bath oil to the warm water, but be careful not to slip in the tub
- Avoid using soaps that contain deodorants, as they will remove moisture from the skin
- Do not take too long to bathe or bathe, limit a maximum of 15 minutes, the skin is exposed to too much water is also not good, after bathing immediately use a skin moisturizer, so that skin moisture after bathing is maintained.
- Always use a moisturizing body cream during the day and at night, especially in the dry season.
- Always use a hand cream every time you wash your hands to keep your hands moist.
- For areas prone to dryness (elbows, knees, heels), you can use jelly or ointment type A & D
- Use sunscreen with an SPF content every day
- Do this once a week a facial moisturizing mask to avoid dry and dull skin in the face area
- If your home or bedroom uses air conditioning, turn on the humidifier at night to add humidity to the room.
Note: During pregnancy, avoid using cosmetics made of chemicals that can absorb through the body’s pores. If the body absorbs these dangerous chemicals, of course this will affect the fetus that is being conceived. For more details, read: Types of Cosmetics to Avoid During Pregnancy