Pregnant women often experience flatulence during pregnancy due to hormonal changes during pregnancy, the progesterone hormone during pregnancy becomes increased from its normal state, so that it will relax the muscle tissue, as well as the digestive tract of pregnant women. The relaxation that occurs will slow down the digestive process of pregnant women, resulting in increased gas, a gas-filled stomach that will cause bloating and frequent burping. This condition will make pregnant women complain because the stomach feels full and uncomfortable in doing daily activities. Exacerbated during pregnancy, the development of a larger uterus will cause many cavities which causes the digestive process to be delayed and results in a full stomach. In addition, the amount of gas in the stomach during pregnancy can be caused by the air that enters the meal or the entry of bacteria into the large intestine through digested food. However, most of the gas in the body is produced by bacteria that destroy food waste after being digested but is imperfect, when pregnant this digestion will slow down and take longer to digest, can worsen flatulence.
Some ways that can be done to deal with flatulence during pregnancy include chewing food well and not talking when eating because it will put air into the stomach at risk. In addition there are several ways you can do to prevent a full stomach or bloating, namely:
- When pregnant, you should not eat too much food because it will make you feel bloated quickly. A good diet during pregnancy should be small but frequent.
- Avoid foods or drinks that contain a lot of gas that can make your stomach bloated, such as tape, durian, soda and others.
- It is better if you wear loose and comfortable clothes so that they don’t tighten the stomach and waist of pregnant women.
- Consider exercises that are beneficial to health and help you relax so that it is easy to breathe properly. Thus it will make you comfortable when you breathe, thus affecting the amount of air that is swallowed up in the body.
- Do it Sports like walking in the morning so that it helps digestion and breathing properly
Thus for pregnant women who often complain due to uncomfortable flatulence can be avoided in ways that are easy and can be done safely between your activities.