Are your children among those who have the habit of wetting the bed at night? Even though nowadays there are many use of pampers, the common odor caused by your little one’s wet bed usually sticks in the room. Especially if your little one’s bed will certainly interfere with the comfort of playing and studying. Therefore, this time we will provide tips for you to get rid of the smell of bedwetting in your little one’s room.
Little children under the age of 3 years are still considered normal if they wet the bed, although that doesn’t mean you don’t make them accustomed to training them to introduce the toilet. You can tell your child if you feel the urge to urinate can tell him. Even though your child uses pampers, training and getting your child to use the toilet is better. The rest of the bedwet will generally leave behind an unpleasant odor so you can take a few steps to get rid of the smell of the bedwet.
Here are tips for getting rid of the smell of bedwetting in the nursery:
- You can wash it off immediately after the wet smell on the sheets. You can add half a glass of white vinegar to the soaking water to get rid of the smell of urine.
- Usually the smell of bedwetting seeps into the mattress even though it has been dried in the sun but the smell of urine still sticks. Well, the way you can rub with a towel is to absorb the rest of the bed, then you can press it with a towel. Do not rub it but only press on the part that smells of wetness until it is quite dry and not damp anymore.
- Mattresses that are dry and still smell of rotten can add baking soda to the area of the wet bed. You can let it sit for 24 hours. Then after that you can use a vacuum cleaner to suck up the remaining baking soda so that the mattress is clean and doesn’t smell of urine.
- In your child’s room, the smell of urine can be overcome by regularly opening the ventilation in the house. Besides the air change. Sunlight is good for health so that the room is not dark.
- You can use natural ingredients to get rid of the wet smell. Take the coffee grounds and place them on the source of the odor as coffee grounds can absorb odors.
- In addition, if you need to supplement using aromatherapy, choose a fragrance that doesn’t bother your baby. The smell is not too strong, choose a natural scent.
Well, that’s what you can do to get rid of the smell of bedwetting in babies. For those of you who will clean and tidy up your little one’s room. If your little one is 2 years and older. Your child can be involved so that when your child wet the bed again. Asking her to help you change the sheets then reminds her that bedwetting is a bad habit so try to urinate before bed. You need to remember, you do not make him feel insecure because your child wet the bed, but direct him not to wet the bed again. (Other interesting articles: Baby girl name)