After going through the first trimester of pregnancy, now your pregnancy is in the second trimester. This second trimester of pregnancy will provide a different experience than before. So, so that the second trimester of pregnancy is healthier and more enjoyable, you can do some of these tips.
Tips for Maintaining the Health of Pregnant Women in the 2nd Trimester
As a step to maintain the condition during the second trimester of pregnancy, pay attention to the following tips.
Keep Your Diet
During the first trimester of pregnancy, you must have paid attention to eating well to maintain the health of you and your little one in the womb. Stepping on the second trimester of pregnancy, a good diet must still be done. There are several additional nutrients that you must get, such as choline, and DHA, which are beneficial for the growth and development of the baby’s brain in the womb.
- Eat foods that contain choline such as milk, eggs, soybeans and beef.
- DHA can be obtained from several types of fish. One of them you can get it from catfish.
- Apart from these two ingredients that are good for the fetal brain, you can also eat avocado. The nutrients contained in avocados are useful for helping with nausea, and are good for the development of the baby’s brain and tissue.
Move with care
In the second trimester of pregnancy, you will begin to feel additional weight, especially in the lower body area. You must be able to maintain the pregnancy by doing the movements slowly and carefully. In addition, consider the following points.
- To protect your unborn baby from various impulses or stresses that can be dangerous, you must avoid carrying heavy objects or loads.
- Don’t lift anything or move your body spontaneously. The reason is this will cause a shock effect in the abdominal area which can cause sudden muscle contractions.
- You have to do the movements carefully and slowly. If you are going to pick up items that are on the floor or in a low position, avoid picking them up in a bent position. You can pick up the object in a crouched position so that your stomach is flat and there is no pressure.
The emotional condition of the mother, which tends to change and is unstable during the second trimester of pregnancy, can make the mother uncomfortable. To overcome this condition you can overcome it by relaxing a lot. You have to take care so that the mental state is not depressed all the time.
As one way that can be done to keep your mental condition relaxed is to do yoga. Besides that, you can also do various fun but light activities. That way your mind will become more relaxed.
When pregnant you may experience limited movement. Even so, don’t make it an excuse to be lazy. You can fill your time by doing light exercise that is allowed for pregnant women.
Doing light exercise specifically designed for pregnant women will make blood circulation smooth. This will affect the condition of the body. In addition, exercise will also be able to control the mood swings that pregnant women experience.
- You can do light exercise that is safe for pregnant women, for example, a morning walk or taking a pregnancy exercise class.
- If you are worried about doing sports, you should first consult with your doctor about what sports pregnant women can do.
Those are some tips for maintaining the health of pregnant women in the 2nd trimester. In addition, you also have to provide adequate rest time. If you experience unusual symptoms, you can consult a doctor.