All mothers in the world want to breastfeed their children with the best breast milk. Mothers feel lucky if the milk can come out smoothly. However, you must be very difficult to breastfeed your child if you are a career woman. You don’t need to worry because you can express breastmilk and then save breastmilk these in a good way. What are the ways to keep milk maximally without reducing the nutritional and nutritional value in breast milk? Many mothers store their milk in the refrigerator. This will make the milk last longer. You must read the manual before save breastmilk you so that it will not be a danger to your child:
· The breast milk that you express can only last at room temperature for 10 hours if you choose to store it at room temperature.
· Breastmilk stored in the refrigerator should be used immediately within half an hour of being at room temperature.
· Breast milk can be stored in the refrigerator for the next 5 to 7 days
· If you use a freezer, breast milk can last up to 6 months. You must store it in the coldest part.
· You can transfer breast milk from the refrigerator to the freezer but do not transfer it if breast milk has been in the refrigerator for 48 hours.
· Do not fill the entire bottle with breast milk, leave at least 4 cm from the top of the bottle because the milk will expand. You can use plastic and rubber caps. Make sure the cover is tight.
· Don’t forget to label the date so that old breast milk can be used first and not spoil.
· If you do not save breastmilk in the refrigerator or freezer, you can keep refrigerated but this is not an alternative for long periods of time. It can only be used for a few hours.
You can use breast milk in the refrigerator or freezer after warming the stored breast milk. How to warm and dilute breast milk? Here are the tips:
· Take a bottle of breast milk and then place it at room temperature or you can place it on a bowl with hot water.
· Never thaw breastmilk in the microwave as it will damage the contents of the breast milk you are giving.
· Stir well to separate the cream in breast milk
· Do not give the milk if it has not completely melted and turned into milk.
· Never give breast milk that has a sour smell
· Breast milk can only last 24 hours after thawing.
You have to really learn how to save breastmilk for the sake of quality breastfeeding for your beloved baby.