It’s just that the small portion of baby food seems to be quite troublesome for the mother if every mealtime arrives, the mother has to go to the kitchen and start preparing and cooking baby food. Perhaps many of the mothers choose to employ domestic helpers or baby sitters, so that they can help mothers prepare baby food every day. Or maybe some even ask for help from their mother or mother-in-law to do it.
So, what if all the reinforcements are not there? You will certainly be inconvenienced, especially if you are a career woman.
Well, actually baby food can be stored and preserved for a certain time so that when your little one wants to eat, the mother can take baby food and process it a little. Is it frozen, but is this method safe?
Is Freezing Baby Food Safe?
Yes, one way to store baby food to make it more durable is by freezing it. This method has been proven in several countries and is an alternative method so that mothers do not have to bother dealing with the problem of eating babies. In various countries such as Canada, America and several other countries, baby food is made in large quantities so that they can be frozen. However, there are several important methods that must be considered in freezing baby food so that the food remains hygienic until it reaches the baby’s mouth. (Other interesting articles: Baby Boy Names)
The Right Way to Freeze Baby food
- Wash thoroughly the food you want to puree, for example, such as chicken, meat, fish or vegetables.
- Cut it into small pieces to make it soft and easy to mash in a blender.
- Then boil the ingredients until they are completely cooked. We recommend that you use a little water so that the puree we make is not too runny.
- Blend the ingredients in a blender until smooth like mush.
- Before pouring it into the freezer, it is best to wait for the puree to cool completely.
- Next, pour the puree in a freezer container like an ice mold and cover with a lid. If the container does not have a lid, you can cover it with a plastic bag (plastic wrap) and make sure there are no openings so that the puree is not contaminated with other foods that are in the same room as the puree.
- Now, if it is frozen to form blocks of ice, the mother can move it there is a new and hygienic plastic bag. Now the puree form has been divided into blocks of ice and its use is even more practical, mom can melt it just 1-2 boxes as needed.
- If it has been put in the bag, you should give a label on each label to make it easier for mothers to find it.
That’s the right tips for storing children’s food to make it more durable. To melt each puree so that it is more practical, you can use a rice cooker. Also read: 6 Months Baby Food)