Is it true that during pregnancy you have to increase your food portion so that you gain weight drastically? This is what makes most pregnant women confused, adding to the nutritional value is that the variety of nutrients obtained from food ingredients does not mean that you have to add a large portion without paying attention to the nutritional quality.
Most pregnant women think that food intake and eating patterns are wrong, causing more weight gain during pregnancy, known as Pregobesity. How big is the risk of the mother experiencing Pregobesity? Here’s the explanation.
Pregobesity is a condition of pregnant women who experience a drastic weight gain during pregnancy, this condition is often triggered by the wrong diet and intake. Many pregnant women think that they will lose weight by themselves after carrying out their daily activities after giving birth. Even though the health of pregnant women must be considered, not always gaining weight has a good impact on the health of pregnant women.
Pregobesity or being overweight during pregnancy will cause health problems. Health problems that are often triggered by excess body weight during pregnancy are type 2 diabetes mellitus, hypertension, early stage heart disease. Even pregnancy complications that are closely related include hypertension, blood clots, gestational diabetes and preeclampsia.
Not only during pregnancy, Pregobesity is also at risk of disrupting labor. Asthma symptoms and childbirth using c-section. The trigger for a cesarean section is that the fetus will gain weight when pregnant women have more weight. By knowing the risk of Pregobesity, you should take precautions with the correct intake and diet during pregnancy.
Be aware of Pregobesity in pregnant women by taking precautions:
- Adjusting the portion of carbohydrate intake, you can choose the right carbohydrates, for example, replace white rice with brown rice.
- Reduce salt intake in food processing. High salt content will cause several health problems such as swollen feet and lead to weight gain. Also reduce foods that contain lots of salt such as salted eggs, salted fish, snacks, corned beef and others.
- Increase consumption of vegetables and fruit. Foods that contain water and fiber will help the digestion of pregnant women in addition to those of you who like to eat snacks when pregnant replace them with a healthy menu of vegetables and fruits.
- Pregnancy planning so that you get the ideal body position. For those of you who are planning to get pregnant, you should first get the ideal body weight, thereby reducing the risk of Pregobesity.
- Do gymnastics or sports that are safe for pregnant women to maintain fitness during pregnancy.
Thus, it is very important for pregnant women to know and get prevention so that during pregnancy they will avoid health problems that come from drastic weight gain. This not only affects your appearance but causes health problems during pregnancy and before childbirth. Apply a healthy lifestyle during pregnancy.